banner

Sandisk Extreme Ssd Vs Samsung T5

• #vi

I'd recommend Mac OS extended with journaling enabled...

• #viii

My T5 has been peachy. I was going to recommend that one to you but saw you already got it. :) skilful job.

• #nine

I take a T5 and its sterling. Would recommend!

Why would they cannibalise X5 sales (which are horrendously more expensive than the T5) with a faster T-series unit?

because they are different marketplace segments and samsung have the drives on manus to clear out.

the X5 is a thunderbolt 3 to Thousand.2 NVMe adapter
M.2 being the modern standard it will be around for a while and thus the x5 volition merely come up downward in toll or you lot can diy a better pick cheaper

the T3 and T5 are USB to mSATA adapters
mSATA was a older now mostly deprecated standard so they need some way to go rid off the leftover mSATA drives that is more profitable than clearance sales.

the only difference between the T3 and T5 is the USB controller.
its USB iii.i Gen ane (Speed up to 5Gbps) in the T3 and USB iii.ane Gen 2 (Speed up to 10Gbps) in the T5

the mSATA drives are identical samsung ones on each so that usb controller is the differentiator.

sidenote the T3 and T5 accept one awesome affair
they sell the mythical 2tb samsung mSATA drive that you tin can't buy standalone and no other ssd manufacturer seems to make
(great upgrade opportunity for people with 2012 rMBPs that want more than internal storage;) ;) )
[doublepost=1544898455][/doublepost]

]do you lot think we will come across a T7 someday next twelvemonth or will Samsung cease developing that line?

my guess is finish selling the line or at most it will exist a cosmetic upgrade.
reason for my thoughts:

eventually, they will not need to articulate out mSATA drives and most if non all manufacturing at this point has moved to K.2

the T5 is already USB 3.i Gen ii (Speed up to 10Gbps) and the only usb spec higher than that is USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 - SuperSpeed+ (Speed up to 20Gbps)

sure they could cull the slower USB 3.2 Gen 2×1 - SuperSpeed+ (Speed up to 10Gbps)
but since thats the same speed every bit the current t5 the only benefit is the slightly less protocol overhead with USB three.2 vs USB iii.one Gen two

both these options crave USB 3.ii PCs to take advantage of the speed or better overhead and at that place are none yet and by the time there are the supply of mSATA drives volition be further depleted

Terminal edited:

I actually have the T5, it works cracking but when I tried to use information technology on some other computer (after I installed the software vault and entered the password) I was unable to admission it. I switched it dorsum to my MacBook and it worked fine. The other MacBook (Bear upon Bar) was unable to detect the T5 drive...

Not sure if this is a known glitch or not simply was unable to find a solution.

Source: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/samsung-t5-ssd-vs-sandisk-extreme-ssd.2158575/

0 Response to "Sandisk Extreme Ssd Vs Samsung T5"

Post a Comment

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel